We are looking for a high performing, experienced technologist to join Team Tally who can contribute their energy, experience, and vision leading the organisation towards our ambitious growth plans.
The candidate will be responsible for testing and qualifying our technology stack/APIs.
Now a little about us:
Tally is an exciting FinTech, transforming the way we all view money forever. At Tally we want to give customers a choice. We believe people deserve to use money that holds its value and remains in their control. This is fundamental to an individual's financial wellbeing and more broadly promotes savings and productivity in society.
Tally is a full reserve banking platform that uses physical gold as asset-based money. Tally as a digital currency is available to save, send and spend seamlessly through the existing global banking ecosystem. Customers receive individual bank accounts denominated in Tally, accessed via a smartphone banking app and with a debit card to use Tally around the world.
Building on our early experience through proof-of-concept to going live recently with our commercially scalable banking platform, we have exciting plans for further expansion and growing a world class winning team. We are looking for positive people with integrity, intelligence and a strong work ethic. You will have an amazing opportunity to join our exciting, dynamic and fast-paced culture. We are looking for extraordinary people to help deliver our extraordinary vision.
At Tally we respect each other and are driven by the same core values:
- We are driven by shared inspiration, innovation and advantages that Tally delivers for the general public and their financial ecosystem.
- We share an obsession about our customers and work with the sense of urgency to achieve our ambitious plans.
- We love to collaborate, stretch and support each other and laugh together.
- We harness the power of execution and focus on the Four Ps: Purpose, Presence & People, leading to strong and sustainable Performance.
- We set ambitious yet achievable team and individual goals and use OKRs to measure our progress. We never stop learning and celebrate our successes together by helping each other succeed.
Being part of Team Tally and sharing our values is important to us.
Role: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for a high-calibre individual to be the gatekeeper of quality of our software deliverables, end-end. The platform and technologies will grow over time and so will this role.
- An analytical and fault-finding (in a good way) brain that can sniff out issues in internal process(es) and deployed solutions
- Experience / best practice knowledge with a wide variety of languages and frameworks, with recent in-depth expertise in creating & managing test frameworks for qualifying APIs (Nodejs) and mobile applications (react native)
- Proficiency in understanding the big picture and creating test strategies, test cases, and managing coverage across the platform
- In depth understanding of Severity and how it is used alongside Priority in order to best serve our Customers and be within SLA guidelines
- To liaise with Product and Development to build end-end test cases, and automate them using CI/CD pipelines
- Accountability to stop software releases from being released if they don’t match the levels of quality as is required by a successful Fintech company
- Proficient coding expertise that enable you to create test frameworks and deploy them to qualify software solutions/li>
- Expertise in developing Mobile & Web automation Framework such as BBD, TDD, Data Driven Framework, etc.
- Cloud knowledge and familiarity with AWS, Postman
- Experience working with financial systems / services
- Experience migrating from a legacy monolith to a modern microservices architecture
- REST Web services & API knowledge (GraphQL knowledge a plus: we love to explore new tools that make the platform more efficient)
- Agile Delivery experience
- An unquenchable thirst to code, automate and innovate
Bonus if you also have:
- Integrated with SaaS providers like Mambu, RailsBank, Marqeta
- Working knowledge of containers and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with building observability into services to track usage and health (New Relic)
- Knowledge of Kafka, Flink streaming technologies
What we look for in your professional skills:
- Highly driven, innovative and dynamic technologist
- Experience in fast-growing organisations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Goal oriented and excels in any result-oriented business
- Self-motivated and used to steep learning curves
- Strategic, long-term forward thinker coupled with practical approach
- Collaborative, able to lead and to be part of a team
In a large scale distributed setup, you choose the right tool for the job at hand. You know when to break something out into a new component and the best way to wire it in, when to go with the simplest fit into the current system and when to rethink the existing approach.
What you can expect from us
- A competitive salary as well as the opportunity for equity in the company
- 25 days annual leave
- A mix of working from home and within a fun and vibrant office environment
- Regular team lunches and socials (in line with current Covid guidelines)
- Opportunities for personal growth, professional development and further training
- An increasing list of staff benefits as the company scales
- Competitive workplace Pension Scheme
Here at Tally we passionately believe that people should be able to save their earnings in a bank account with money that holds its value over time and remains in their legal control. This is fundamental to personal financial wellbeing and promotes savings and productivity in society. We encourage any potential applicants to sign up for a Tally account and experience the many benefits Tally offers so you can fully understand the essential role we are playing alongside the current monetary system.
Tally is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other basis (covered by appropriate law).
If you're interested to find out more, please apply with a copy of your CV and we'll be in touch!