("Lionsgold" or the "Company")
Proposed Name Change & Update
18 April 2019
As announced in the Company's operational update on 19 February 2019, the Board believes that, subject to shareholder approval, the Company's name should be changed from "Lionsgold Limited" to "Tally Ltd" (the "Name Change") to reflect the core business focus being the Company's self-contained monetary system, neo bank offering and mainstream challenger currency, Tally®.
The Lionsgold brand was created following appointment of new executive management in the second half of 2016, to reflect the new strategy introduced of a gold-focused vertically integrated business involved in the exploration, production and retail application of physical gold, through legacy gold mining assets in India, additional gold exploration assets acquired in Finland and the development of a financial technology (fintech) division. Over the course of 2017 and 2018 Tally® was designed and developed and has now become the core business focus. As such it is timely to update the Company name accordingly.
The Board is also pleased to provide the following update in relation to the Company's product rollout and the planned listing in London that is to follow.
- Tally® Mastercard debit cards being tested and first cards have been received internally with chip and pin and touch pay testing successfully
- Approximately 150 people are participating in beta testing the Tally® smartphone banking app
- More than 1,500 people have registered through www.tallymoney.com (since mid-March when full site went up) to receive priority access to open a Tally® account
- Notice of General Meeting circulated to complete proposed Company name change from "Lionsgold Limited" to "Tally Ltd" in the lead up to release of Tally®
- Pre-IPO funding round underway
- The Company's priority remains Tally® going live to the public, following which work can recommence and timelines be updated regarding stock exchange relisting.
- Customers who haven't already registered should do so at www.tallymoney.com if they would like priority access to open a Tally® account when it goes live
Circular and Extraordinary General Meeting
The Company has posted a letter to Lionsgold shareholders providing details of the Name Change and incorporating the Notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting to be held on Monday the 29th of April 2019, at which resolutions to effect the Name Change will be put to shareholders. For note, the Company remains the same, as does each shareholder's holding in it, regardless if it retains the name Lionsgold Limited or becomes Tally Ltd.
Cameron Parry, Chief Executive Officer, commented: "We continue to work hard on delivering Tally® for public use and we are buoyed by the rate of pre-registrations occurring via our website.
"We appreciate shareholder interest in investing further in the Company and thank those who have already chosen to participate in the Company's pre-IPO.
"We are also grateful of the understanding and support shown by shareholders as the Company progresses toward the release of Tally® to the UK public. Finally, we hope all shareholders and their families have an enjoyable holiday weekend."
- Tally® is a 100%-reserve banking platform and physical asset currency that operates seamlessly with the fiat currency fractional-reserve banking system.
- Each unit of Tally® is one milligram of LBMA-accredited gold held by the customer and utilised via their individually issued savings and payment account and Mastercard debit card.
- Tally® is not a fiat currency and Tally® is not a cryptocurrency.
- The Tally® banking platform connects physical asset ownership to the global banking system.
- Lionsgold's UK subsidiary company, TallyMoney Ltd, is a recognised E-Money Directive Agent (FCA Ref. No. 902059) under Financial Conduct Authority-licensed E-Money Institution, PayrNet Limited (FCA Ref No. 900594).
- Go to www.tallymoney.com to register for priority access to open a Tally® account.